Aims of the IT policy
To enable school staff and students to:
- use ICT equipment and tackle all the applications confidently and safely;
- recognize the capabilities and limitations of ICT;
- adapt easily to different ICT systems used for different purposes;
- responsibly use the available technologies to achieve the maximum learning objectives.
This document is intended for use by:
- school management/administration
- parents (for information purposes)
- Staff/students must be educated about plagiarism and how to avoid it.
- They must not copy anything written by anyone else without referencing it.
Communication using school ICT resources:
- Students should have parents’ consent before communicating with teachers/other students online.
- Students must be careful about use of technology and who has access to student’s personal information.
- Students must not give out personal contact details to anyone without having consent from their parents.
- Staff will use the school’s ICT resources to communicate with parents/children/staff.
- Teachers should make contact with parents/children only for professional reasons.
- Staff should be careful about their own use of school technology and who has access to their personal information.
- Do not give out personal contact details to parents/children.
- Teachers should not use the internet to send personal messages to parents/children. E-Safety Guidelines for Early Years, Primary and Middle Schools need to be followed.
- Misuse of the school’s ICT resources by teachers or students must be reported to the school head.
- ICT usage document/policy must be shared with the staff and students to ensure its appropriate use/compliance.
- Parents’ permission must be taken before conducting any interactive online activity.
- Internet use should not be allowed to the students without the supervision of a teacher under any circumstances.
- Students/Teachers should not download or install any software without the permission of the relevant IT personal.
- Students/staff must not be allowed to view any inappropriate content.
- Safe search filters must be used on all the computers in the school.
- Teachers must carefully select the websites before using them during their lessons to avoid viewing any inappropriate content.
- Available videos must be downloaded beforehand to avoid showing inappropriate videos.
- Passwords of any online account must not be shared by the students or staff with anyone and “Remember me” settings must be unchecked on all school computers.
- Teachers / Students should not attempt to access a website that is blocked as a result of government policy.
- Staff and students must be aware that network usage is being monitored, tracked, and traced
Health and Safety:
- All the ICT equipment must be appropriately placed and installed throughout the school.
- Ergonomics must be kept in mind for the sitting arrangements of the students/staff.
- Users should be comfortably seated and positioned in the correct posture, with easy access to all equipment.
- ICT equipment must be cleaned regularly.
Standard of Equipment
- 1 PC for maximum 4 students
- Appropriate furniture
- UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply)
- Networked PCs